Sunday, February 6, 2011

Emily Faith's Story Part I

I have wanted to share about my pregnancy and Emily's birth for the last few days so I began to write, with the intention to share it with you. After several days of writing I have six pages worth of information. I am going to share most of it with you, but I promise to do it over several posts so as not to overwhelm anyone with too much at once. 

The Beginning:

We took a pregnancy test on September 14, 2010, and it was positive. I had been feeling more tired than usual, to the point where I almost fell asleep at the first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting. Even though we had been trying to get pregnant, it was still a bit of a surprise. We were thrilled to be expecting our second child.
From the beginning, the pregnancy was very different from when I was pregnant with Maddie.
At five weeks (September 20, 2010) I started spotting. The doctor’s office got me right in to see the doctor on call. They did an ultrasound and said everything looked great. Seeing that little beating heart for the first time was such a reassurance. There was no reason they could find for my spotting and told me that it was probably just “old blood.”
Reflection: We continued to hear the phrase “old blood” many more times during the rest of the pregnancy. The way the doctors talked about the “old blood” always sounded like an okay thing.  At least it was not “fresh blood.” When I think about it now, I think blood is blood. During a pregnancy it is not supposed to be present.
To be continued...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...