Thursday, March 10, 2011

"You're Bigger"

I don't have much to say today so instead I want to share something I read recently that I thought was very interesting and thought provoking.


In the book Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis there is a passage where Lucy sees Aslan after a long time apart and exclaims,
“Aslan! You’re bigger.” 
“That is because you are older, little one, ” answered he.

“Not because you are?”

“I am not. But every year you grow you will find me bigger.”
To me this is such a great picture of what I hope to see in my walk with Christ. I hope to get older in Him and my knowledge of Him and as a result I will see Him as bigger in my life.

I personally have never read Prince Caspian, but I saw this in a blog I read recently. Such a wonderful post by Big Mama , she talks about how God is not a "one size, fits all" and that He has a personal relationship with each one of us as we are. It is a wonderful post and I would encourage you to go over and read it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...