Saturday, May 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Motherhood Should Come With…

I am a bit behind. It is actually Saturday afternoon, but the last 24 hours have been super busy for me so I am playing catch up now.

I am joining The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday.




The rules are easy.
  1. Write your heart out for five minutes and show us what you’ve got.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to play along.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and encourage the fellow five-minuter who linked up right before you.
Go

Motherhood should come with an instruction manual. It would sure be helpful to know what you would encounter before it happened. But at the same time I am so thrilled with discovering each new thing that my daughter does. So maybe motherhood should not come with an instruction manual.

Instead it should come with a sense of humor. I believe that getting through anything your child does is made easier with laughter. It might not always be appropriate to laugh in the moment, but how would anyone survive having children if we did not laugh.

Motherhood should come with an unlimited supply of chocolate (just for mom). There are times when a really good piece of chocolate makes everything better even if for just a few minutes.

Motherhood should also come with a way to block out all those "helpful" suggestions and comments from all those well meaning people, who feel they know everything about motherhood.

STOP

2 comments:

Mattie said...

Agreed! Especially the chocolate part!

Christine said...

So agree about the chocolate, my teenage son who has a job wanted to know what I wanted for Mother's Day.( he usually spends alot on me) He bought what I requested, a bag of Smarties, which I am munching on right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...