Monday, May 16, 2011

Lifting Others Up In Prayer

I believe in the power of prayer.

I know that some people sometimes wonder how I can still believe in the power of prayer after what I have gone through. But the truth is that God never promised to answer all our prayers the way WE want them answered. I think the hardest part is believing and trusting God, no matter what the outcome.

I have no answer for why prayers are not always answered with the yes, that we want. But despite my sadness at losing Emily, I have seen other prayers answered in the aftermath of her death. I still do not understand why Emily died, or what the greater purpose is, but I do know that God is good.

Several months ago I stumbled upon a blog, 2 kids, A mini van and a mortgage written by Kate. February 23rd of this year her 5 year old daughter Lucy was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer, Medulloblastoma.

I firmly believe that every blog I have found in the last five months have been for some reason. Some have been a support to me, others have been a fun distraction, but this one, as well as a few others I believe I found, so that I could intercede in prayer for Lucy and her family.

Kate shares, most of the time, daily about how Lucy and the family can use prayer, the miraculous answers to pray, and just about their life, with a child living with cancer. There have been some amazing answers to pray and I would like to invite you to join me in praying for Kate, Lucy and their entire family.

You might also notice the button on the side bar on my blog. I feel so strongly about praying for this family that I have added the button that was made for Lucy to my blog page.

There are so many verses about prayer, but I  think 1 John 5:14-15 is a wonderful verse about prayer
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him

1 comments:

Mary said...

I truly agree with this. Prayers may not always be answered but they are all heard. It's so hard because us a humans want everything solved with answers fast...when in reality things take time and even then no answers are promised. The power of prayer can change so many things.

I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. It hurts my heart to know that she is going through this. Sending them my love and prayers.

xxx
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...