Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy List Saturday


It is Saturday again, and time for a happy list. It has been a few weeks since I have participated. Not because I have not had things to make me happy, just because I have not felt like doing one. I am going to keep this happy list short this week. But it is a wonderful list this week. This has been such an amazing week. I could keep coming up with words to describe this week, but maybe it is better to just share my list with you.

New blog design
Did you notice a change this week on my blog? I am so happy with how it turned out. I hope to make a few more minor changes to it in the coming months, but right now, it is right where I want it. Every time I open my blog I smile. It truly makes me happy. The design would not have been possible had it not been for the next thing on my happy list...

Franchesca at Small Bird Studio
She is an amazing woman. I have been so blessed by reading her blog. And now she has used her talents to design my blog. When I saw my blog design for the first time, my first thought was PERFECT. I am so thankful for the talent of others. There is a lot I can do, but designing a blog is not one of them. If you are interested in having your blog redesigned the waiting list at Small Bird Studio is now open. I promise you will not be sorry if you decide to use Franchesca for your design.

My dear friend Amanda
This week my best friend from childhood came for a visit. Up until 3 years ago we have lived within an hour drive of each other. Three years ago I moved 2000 miles away, and we get to see each other about once a year. It was such a wonderful visit. We spent the 5 days, getting our nails done, playing board games (one of our favorite activities), going out to lunch, seeing a movie (Bridesmaids) talking, and just spending time together.

My Husband
I have put Ron on my happy list before. But of course he always makes me happy. This week he deserves another mention because he was wonderful this week. He watched out daughter several afternoons so that Amanda and I could go have girl time...And he cooked dinner three nights in a row. It was such a nice break, and such wonderful food (Carne Asade, BBQ Chicken, & Spaghetti).

Thunder Storms
There were so incredible thunder storms this week. Where we live we can watch the storm roll in and just wait for it to make it to our part of town. The thunder storm would roll in and then be gone as quickly as it had come. I also love the smell of spring rain.

I could go on and on about this week, but I will stop there for this weeks list. I am so glad that this week turned out the way it did. Sunday was not a great day for me, but it sure turned around.

I hope you have an amazing weekend.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Love your new Blog! Well I just love you and your sweet family:) We have never met in person but I am friends with your amazing sister Krista! I come to your blog often, you are such an awesome Mama and I love what you are doing here! Thank you for sharing your sweet Emily with all of us! We continue to pray for you and your adorable family!

Natasha said...

So glad you did a list this week!!

Love the new blog design- so very pretty! And you're right Fran is fabulous!!

I'm so glad you had such a good week and got to spend time with your friend!

PS- I finally put the Linky up today- LOL! I was so behind!! So don't forget to add your post :)

Shaina N said...

I love the new blog design! Too cute!

I can take any and all! I think Grey would go good for a boy, and the red might go either way. I haven't had any requests for red, but you never know! I know I have your email somewhere, but I couldn't find it so I had to message you here!

Kristi Ahrens said...

So glad you had such a terrific week! I love your new blog design:)

Caroline said...

Love your new blog design.
Love your list. So glad you had a good week.
I love the smell of rain too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...