Friday, January 20, 2012

A Move & Full Term

I think that if you asked most people they would say that a women in her third trimester who decides to move is crazy. Well I am that crazy women. But it came down to moving a month after the baby is born or just before and we decided that the least crazy option was to move before her arrival. I am thankful though that it was not a long distance move. We only moved about 5 miles, but even a move that small requires work (packing, move everything, and then unpacking). It is like nesting to the extreme.

I have been surprised at how much energy I have actually had the last week, that's right we started moving just about a week ago, when I was 36 weeks pregnant. We (when I say we I mean my husband and some of his friends, I was very good to only life light items) moved all of our large furniture on Sunday and that was also our first official night sleeping in our new place. Since Sunday I have been working like a mad women trying to get everything unpacked, since I know it is only a matter of days or weeks until our little girl decides to join our family.

And as the title suggests, today I am considered FULL TERM. I never thought I would get to say that. Now our little girl can come anytime. We are moved in, almost completely unpacked and I reached a milestone in pregnancy that I never thought I would.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive during this pregnancy. I am so excited for this year 2012. As a friend of mine said to me last night "hopefully this will be a year of healing and happiness." There are so many baby loss moms who are expecting their rainbow baby or babies, it is so exciting.   

4 comments:

ccc said...

Oh, I think you most definitely made the right decision of doing it BEFORE and not after the birth!

Krista said...

I'm glad you're mostly settled! We moved when I was 32 weeks with Noah and then he was 3 weeks early! I wasn't nearly as good at unpacking either... :)

Hannah Rose said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's good to know we're not alone and others "get it." I have found so much encouragement in the blogging community. Your blog design is beautiful. I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well; www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

Kristi Ahrens said...

Congrats on being full term!! So glad that you got all moved:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...