Saturday, January 29, 2011

Our First Born

Our oldest daughter, Maddie is such a joy in our life right now. I am so thankful to the Lord that we have her in our life. There have been several times in the last few days that I have thought I don't know how I would have made it through if it had not been for Maddie. She brings a light into our life that we need right now. The last few weeks have been very difficult on her. Since we have been home I have sensed that she has anxiety that if mommy and daddy are not in the room with her, or if we leave that we are not coming back. I am trying very hard to reassure her that mommy and daddy are here and if she needs us we are there for her. Tonight when I put Maddie to bed, I laid down next to her and she crawled over to me and put her arms around my neck and just hugged me. This amazing 2 year old has a way of making all right with the world when she gives me a hug and kiss and a smile. Since we have been home I find myself finding more time to spend with Maddie and just treasuring the moments when she is happy to sit on my lap and be hugged. I am more willing to give into little things like letting her sleep in bed with us at night, and letting her stay up a bit later than her bed time just to be able to spend a bit more time with her and make sure she knows that we will still be here when she wakes up in the morning.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...